Kurt Wedberg Everest

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Richard Piotrowski posted this on the Whitney board. I highly recommend Kurt's slideshows.
The Journey to Everest- Slideshow with Kurt Wedberg

Experience the exhilaration of Mt. Everest! Kurt Wedberg, a professional mountain guide who has twice summited Everest, will guide you to the top of the world through powerful slides and motivational narration. Learn how mountaineering has strengthened him spiritually, emotionally, and physically and how climbing high on mountains can help put the rest of your life in perspective. FREE!

Torrance Store: Thurs., Oct. 16, 7 p.m.
Tarzana Store: Fri., Oct. 17, 7 p.m.
Oceanside Store: Mon., Oct. 20, 7 p.m.
Solana Beach Store: Tues., Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
San Diego Store: Wed., Oct. 22, 7 p.m.
Costa Mesa Store: Thurs. Oct. 23, 7 p.m.
West Los Angeles Store: Mon., Oct. 27, 7 p.m. (Please note new date for West Los Angeles)
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

FWIW, I plan on attending. Looking forward to meeting most of y'all!
Haha.....

I'll be the grey-haired one without the pointy blue hat.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EManBevHills wrote:FWIW, I plan on attending. Looking forward to meeting most of y'all!
Haha.....

I'll be the grey-haired one without the pointy blue hat.
It was good to meet you, even without the hat.

Kurt's slideshow was great. Hikin' Jim, my son Eric, and I carpooled over to W LA to represent Tujunga, Eagle Rock, and La Crescenta. A great outing. :)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Really good presentation. I had read about Kurt's climb in some of his postings, but it really came alive as Kurt walked us through step by step. Not only is Kurt one heck of a climber, he's a really great photographer. Some of the photos were just plain spectacular.

EMan, good to meet you, and fun to carpool with you, Allan and Eric. Incidentally, I thought it was pretty clever for a slow hiker like me to figure out a way to keep up with fast hikers like Allan and Eric (by riding in the same car). :)

It was also fun to run into some of my fellow WTC students and one other friend. Practically a reunion. :)