Trailcam hikers

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

OK, by request, here are some of the candid camera moments. I don't know what the first guy was doing, the next couple have no backpacks or gear but I assume they were looking for privacy, the dude with the bucket was either panning for gold, or burying murder victim body parts, and then we see he has a cute dog, so he's probably innocent.

FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

I'm surprised they noticed it. Does it make noise when it starts filming? Nobody ever took it? Can you show a picture of your camera?
Tim

Post by Tim »

This is hilarious! That first guy looks like he's practicing his runway model pose...hold backpack straps, turn right 180 and take off sunglasses, then turn left, casually put hands in pocket and exit stage right.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Out of curiousity, where were these taken? The fisrt couple of videos remind me of the Charlton/Chilao/Hillyer area.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Out of curiousity, where were these taken? The fisrt couple of videos remind me of the Charlton/Chilao/Hillyer area.
Wow, you sure know your mountains! The first ones were near the little observatory at Mt Mooney. That dirt road is great for animal tracks, esp. when it has snow.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

FIGHT ON wrote:I'm surprised they noticed it. Does it make noise when it starts filming? Nobody ever took it? Can you show a picture of your camera?
It doesn't make a noise - the first people just saw it on the tree. The other guy I think noticed it because his dog came over & sniffed it. At night, it has red LEDs that glow. Some of the animals notice that. I think I have a pic or two that shows the camera set up - I'll dig those up. This is what the actual camera looks like, but I have it in a metal housing when it's set up. They're very small - about the size of a soda can.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/scoutguard.html
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

cougarmagic wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote:I'm surprised they noticed it. Does it make noise when it starts filming? Nobody ever took it? Can you show a picture of your camera?
It doesn't make a noise - the first people just saw it on the tree. The other guy I think noticed it because his dog came over & sniffed it. At night, it has red LEDs that glow. Some of the animals notice that. I think I have a pic or two that shows the camera set up - I'll dig those up. This is what the actual camera looks like, but I have it in a metal housing when it's set up. They're very small - about the size of a soda can.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/scoutguard.html
Thanks. Had no idea what the setup was like. Neat hobby!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

cougarmagic wrote:Wow, you sure know your mountains!.
I think I know where the other one is.... :shock:

"Somewhere" in and around the Big-T area judging from the geology, and flora

Matt
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

mattmaxon wrote:
cougarmagic wrote:Wow, you sure know your mountains!.
I think I know where the other one is.... :shock:

"Somewhere" in and around the Big-T area judging from the geology, and flora

Matt
Ok, well you're cheating though.... :lol: