FS: **SOLD** Brand new Princeton Tec EOS headlamp

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Tim

Post by Tim »

** SOLD **

I have two (2) brand new (but MODIFIED with a high powered LED emitter, see below) Princeton Tec EOS headlamps, both still in the packaging. One is a blue PT EOS and the other is a translucent orange L.L. Bean Trailblazer headlamp. The L.L. Bean Trailblazer is basically a re-badged PT EOS except the headlamp can be unclipped from the handband and the angle adjustment is smooth (not with detents like the PT EOS). The lights come with Duracell or Energizer AAA batteries.

Selling because I modded these for gifts, but I don't think they need them anymore. Selling for $30 each. Includes free CONUS shipping.

The EOS uses 3 AAA batteries located inside the headlamp. It has three brightness levels and a flashing mode. It is waterproof to 1 meter and weighs 105 g.

Image Image

*** MODIFICATION ***

I modified these headlamps by removing the existing Luxeon LED and soldering on a Seoul SSC P4. This is a newer generation emitter commonly used in high powered LED flashlights. It's more efficient so it's much brighter for a given current. It's also whiter than the Luxeon which had a yellowish tint.

I'd say this new emitter is at least twice as bright as the stock unit. I use one of these modified EOS as my personal headlamp and it seems to blows everyone else's headlamp away. The other advantage is the Seoul P4 emitter creates a much bigger hotspot than the stock unit. Basically, it's like a huge wall of light instead of just a spot.

I estimate on high the batteries will last about 3-4 hrs (depends on how cold it is). Since it's so bright, you can run it on medium, still get a really good amount of light and have it last for a very long time.

This modification does not affect the waterproof rating of the unit.

Here are some pics of the mod and some comparison shots I did.

Stock Luxeon emitter

New Seoul emitter

Image[/b]
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

where did you get the Seoul emitter and how much are they? I have this head lamp, and its great.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Hey hvydrt, I get the emitters from Deal Extreme for about $6 each. If you need info on how to do the mod, just let me know.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1445
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Gonna have to start calling you MacGyver.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Both headlamps sold. Thanks for looking!