Silverfish Truck Trail

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco

Post by Taco »

anyone hiked its entire length recently? Looks super brushy in the east, not so bad in the west. I hiked from 39 up it to the ridge top, which was awful. Lots of hard bushwhacking and crawling. Didn’t continue, as we meant to explore a Canyon, but ran out of time.
Sean

Post by Sean »

If anyone hikes this whole trail they deserve some sort of statue commemorating the achievement.
Taco

Post by Taco »

I will do it, and then my statue will be torn down by people who didn’t hike it cause they found out I made fun of fat people before so I’m not pure enough for them. Then, extinction level event hits reset button, and next apex tool user species has a lot of first ascents to do.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Walked part of it from the Morris Dam side last week. It looks like the forest service or the fire department has done some fairly recent maintenance. It's a lot easier than it used to be to get through from that side.
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

next apex tool user species has a lot of first ascents to do.
I'm looking forward to reading of the first parrot ascent of Monrovia Peak in the next issue of the American Alpine Journal.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... I Want A Parrot
Sean

Post by Sean »

CrazyHermit wrote: It looks like the forest service or the fire department has done some fairly recent maintenance.
What does this mean? They cleared it with a dozer?
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Definitely not with a dozer. They just cleared some of the brush out. It's still a trail.