Dubious Milestone Post

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

I don't think there are many people that can say they have hiked Ross, Rattlesnake, and Copter Ridge at least five times each but I am officially in that category. It may be time to retire.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

David R wrote: I don't think there are many people that can say they have hiked Ross, Rattlesnake, and Copter Ridge at least five times each but I am officially in that category. It may be time to retire.
Good job! Though those are all HPS peaks, so you probably have some good company, including Mr. Mars "25X" Bonfire.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

David R wrote: I don't think there are many people that can say they have hiked Ross, Rattlesnake, and Copter Ridge at least five times each but I am officially in that category. It may be time to retire.
I hiked Copter Ridge twice and that's enough for me! Hiked Rattlesnake once and I want to go back.
dima

Post by dima »

Obvious question: why? Specifically, why would you summit Ross more than once? Via Baden-Powell each time? I'm going to go a second time, but a different way.
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

dima wrote: Obvious question: why? Specifically, why would you summit Ross more than once? Via Baden-Powell each time? I'm going to go a second time, but a different way.
Probably for the same reason I've done Baldy, Lukens, and Wilson over 25 times. I like regularity and a large part of me getting out in the wilderness is simply to exercise. Once I get into decent shape I need at least 4,000 feet elevation gain to make it worthwhile. I also have little interest in being out for more then 7 hours. There aren't many peaks that allow that sweet spot so I keep on hitting the same ones up. Ross I've done from Vincent Gap and Dawson Saddle but always over Baden-Powell. Rattlesnake is my go to winter hike and should be hitting that one for a tenth time this year, I always do it as a loop.