ended up at ice house canyon again......

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
friendowl

Post by friendowl »

yesterday i had the day off....i took my kid to school and after cleaning up
and doing chores it was 930am.....i cant stay still and had nothing to do...
i didnt even no where i was going i just drove.....on the 210 fwy at mills i got swooped on by CHP.he got me doing 76[wtf]...my first ticket in over 10 years...damn....after writing me a ticket i get back on the freeway and i guess i was pumped up and was going fast again...within 1-2 minutes he pulls me over again..hahaha..he practically runs to the side window and starts yelling and threating with another ticket...he was all red and his neck vain was out ..i had that stupid grin and wanted to laugh
this guy was young and he looked stressed out.....he aint gonna last...

anyways ...i made it to ice house parking lot..i wanted to hike on new ground so i grabbed my liter bottle and a snickers bad and took off for the saddle..i started at 1045 and made it to the saddle by 1.there was no people..it was real nice..wind was blowing so the bugs were cool..from the saddle i decided to walk up to timber..my first time this way and i was impressed...i made it to timber by 2 or so..i take it slow taking pictures and just stopping to enjoy the wind...

i took my shoes off and took a lil nap....i woke up at 540....i get the best sleep on mountain tops..i woke up and at first didnt remember where i was..when i got my senses back i was fucking happy to be where i was.
sun was not so bright and it was a lil chilly..i had a great time..one thing i like is how when you start a hike your mind is racing from thought to thought.you just walk and think walk and think.......then it stops..its quiet
no thoughts no cares or wants...just this peaceful numb feeling..i like that

i got home and it was dark..took a nice hot shower and ate some pollo loco....winter is coming....leaves are falling and some have changed colors
squirrels and birds are busy...i even had one run up on me and make some freaky noise..i thougjht he was rabid or horny so i got ready to punt his ass but he was cool..just defending his nuts...

there are some good spots to practice self-arrest with ice axe near the cucamonga sign and near the switchbacks...

pics coming later....................
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

friendowl wrote:..just defending his nuts...
FTW!

Thanks for the TR. Cool beans.
simonov

Post by simonov »

That's so cool you dudes live close enough you can just head up there spur of the moment.
Nunc est bibendum
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Sweet deal dude. "Cept for the popo.