I never liked USC

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
simonov

Post by simonov »

Always hated them and their snooty Newport Beach fanbase.

But this article is maybe helping me change my mind . . . a little.

Actually, to be honest, I don't have a lot of interest in watching grown men play schoolyard games, but watching the kids play is fun. Newport Harbor High School hasn't posted their 2008 schedule yet, but I'll try to make most home games (they are walking distance from my house, with a nice dive bar on the way home).
Nunc est bibendum
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

simonov wrote:Always hated them and their snooty Newport Beach fanbase.

But this article is maybe helping me change my mind . . . a little.

Actually, to be honest, I don't have a lot of interest in watching grown men play schoolyard games, but watching the kids play is fun. Newport Harbor High School hasn't posted their 2008 schedule yet, but I'll try to make most home games (they are walking distance from my house, with a nice dive bar on the way home).
I don't like the snoots either. Frankly I respect the ucla fans more than the usc fans. I once went to a ucla vs somebody else at the rose bowl. It was shortly after we clobbered ucla big time. I went with my daughter all decked out in cardinal and gold. NOT ONE PERSON SAID ONE THING TO US BAD. NOTHING. And thats walking all the way through the pregame stuff throughout the game and all the way out. That is amazing. I really expected to be heckled. nothing...
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

that's b/c usc-ucla is not a real rivalry, its all fake. real = ohio state & michigan.

or cornell & upenn, bwaaaah!
simonov

Post by simonov »

FIGHT ON wrote:I went with my daughter all decked out in cardinal and gold. NOT ONE PERSON SAID ONE THING TO US BAD. NOTHING. And thats walking all the way through the pregame stuff throughout the game and all the way out. That is amazing. I really expected to be heckled. nothing...
Bruins always realize it's just a game. Which is why Ze is right about the UCLA/USC football rivalry, UCLAers couldn't really give a toss.

UCLA and USC are rivals in other areas, simply because of their proximity to one another.
Nunc est bibendum
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

I never said it was a rivalry. Just commenting about the good character of the ucla fans.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I've noticed that a lot of folks who live near me live in crappy homes in shitty areas, and are big USC (and Raiders) fans.

I don't think they went to USC.

I believe this is a major part of this problem.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

TacoDelRio wrote:I've noticed that a lot of folks who live near me live in crappy homes in shitty areas, and are big USC (and Raiders) fans.

I don't think they went to USC.

I believe this is a major part of this problem.
USC is powerful in football. To a fault. They attract the best in the country regardless of good grades. It's their thing. I like the way Stanford does it. They don't care how good you are in sports. You have to have brains first, then if you happen to be good at sports then that is a bonus. So for them it's how to outsmart stronger teams. Not so easy in football. It worked last year for them though. :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Nah, as in, I doubt these people ever attended USC.
phydeux

Post by phydeux »

How aobut this USC:

http://www.sc.edu/ :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Gamecock?
simonov

Post by simonov »

TacoDelRio wrote:Gamecock?
Yeah, there are two SCs in the US: one calls themselves the Cocks and the other is named after a brand of condoms.

Weird.
Nunc est bibendum
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Fuggin' a.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

TacoDelRio wrote:Fuggin' a.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

IT'S GREAT TO BE A TROJAN!!!!!