North Fork Bishop Creek

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Last weekend, my daughter and I did an overnight trip up the North Fork of Bishop Creek. I'll spare you my usual long-winded and verbose dissertation on everything related to that trip other than to say:

-There is still a fair amount of snow at elevation. The trail is mostly clear although there is a sizable patch of snow just below the pass. This is negotiable without any additional traction, but we used spikes and sticks because we had them.

-The wildflower are going off lower down. They think it's still early June. Lots of Tiger Lillies and Padres Shooting Stars.

-There is a ton of water available. There are several area where water encroaches onto the trail (nothing major). The path out to Muriel and Goethe Lakes is a wet and marshy affair.

-As a consequence of 1 and 3 above, there are a ton of skeeters out. Bring DEET and a bug net if you go.

Photo essay here: https://wildsouthland.blogspot.com/2017 ... essay.html

Sean

Post by Sean »

Beautiful pics as usual. Sweet waterfall.

:q43:
David R

Post by David R »

Lots of snow as expected. I went up that way to hike Pilot's Knob a ways back. Last year we went up to Lamarck Col and it was damn cold and windy.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Beautiful pictures! I haven't had the opportunity to visit the Sierras as much as we did last year. I just came back from a short trip to Bishop/Lone Pine this past weekend attempting White Mtn.

TR to follow shortly