Interagency Pass

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
mtbphoto

Post by mtbphoto »

Anyone know if the Interagency Pass (national parks pass) http://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html
Does it double as a adventure pass?

Thank You!
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

On the FS site, it states that either an adventure pass or an interagency pass is accepted for fee areas, so it appears that either pass will work.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Tim

Post by Tim »

I have one of these passes. It definitely works as an Adventure Pass. Confirmation: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/a ... .shtml#AtB

The only bummer is I'm not sure if you can buy a second vehicle pass with it.
muddeer

Post by muddeer »

Tim wrote:The only bummer is I'm not sure if you can buy a second vehicle pass with it.
I bought the pass about a month ago, and the lady at the Arcadia FS office told me that the sticker that comes with the pass can be used as a second vehicle Adventure Pass (just stick it on the windshield). I have not confirmed this with another source as yet.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Oh, I was told the decal was only for motorcycles or open-topped vehicles.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Tim wrote:Oh, I was told the decal was only for motorcycles or open-topped vehicles.
Hey, didn't you quit hiking? You were joking right?
Tim

Post by Tim »

FIGHT ON wrote:Hey, didn't you quit hiking? You were joking right?
I haven't hiked in nearly 3 weeks. My new hobby is making sand sculptures.

FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Tim wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote:Hey, didn't you quit hiking? You were joking right?
I haven't hiked in nearly 3 weeks. My new hobby is making sand sculptures.

Tim! That is cool dude.
If I had that talent I would make an exact duplicate of the Baldy area. Including everything in detail. To scale! I know you could do it! :D
muddeer

Post by muddeer »

Tim wrote:Oh, I was told the decal was only for motorcycles or open-topped vehicles.
That would make more sense. The lady at the Arcadia office didn't seem particularly well informed in general.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

muddeer wrote:
That would make more sense. The lady at the Arcadia office didn't seem particularly well informed in general.
I've talked to her. She knows NOTHING!
tarol

Post by tarol »

Yes the Interagency Pass can be used as an Advventure Pass, but you should stop by a ranger station and get the hangtag that it goes with so it's clear and visible to those that check for the passes.

The decal is indeed intended for those with open-topped vehicles and motorcycles. It is not intended to be used as a second vehicle pass. To get the decal you have to prove you are the person who bought the Interagency Pass and also show your vehicle registration.

Also call ahead to make sure they have the decals in stock, typically offices only carry a few of them in stock at any given time.