Strawberry Season

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Ok, so I know what y'all are thinking. To paraphrase David Lowery of Camper/Cracker fame, "what the world needs now is another Strawberry TR like I need a hole in my head." Yeah, well get ready for a hole in your head cause that's what's coming at you right now.

Over the weekend, I visited Strawberry to climb its western ridge since that was a gap in my San Gabes experience. I hadn't planned on it, but I ended up circling Strawberry to check out Strawberry Potrero and the north side. The trail is in super nice shape and there's a bit of water at Strawberry Spring.

TR here:

http://wildsouthland.blogspot.com/2017/ ... -peak.html

Teaser pics:

AW~

Post by AW~ »

So if you could only choose between the meadow or the summit which would it be? :D Awesome photo of the north face BTW.

Strawberry being overpromoted? Well, there was someone who tossed a trash canyon into Colby canyon from the trailhead.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Thanks for the report. That's a fun trip. The west ridge is a good intro to class 3.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I would live to take you up the West Ridge! It's prettier and a lot more exciting than Conejo Mtn! I know how much you loved the scrambling! It's loads of fun class 3 scrambling! I've done it 3x up and down!
"Never limit yourself to what you can do!"
--Bart Yasso, my hero
Instagram My Blog