Internet: South/North over 4 days(Etiwanda to Valyermo)

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

https://www.youtube.com/user/miis05

No trip report, but short videos.
Day 1: Etiwanda canyon up to Joe Elliott campground via canyon&Big tree trail
Day 2: to Mount Baldy notch via Cucamonga Peak trail
Day 3: to Blue ridge via Northern Backbone(side trip : Baldy)
Day 4: to Valyermo which was via Manzanita trail to Devils Punchbowl park and opposite direction desert foray to St.Abbeys via Pallet Creek.

Overall an impressive blend to ponder for any city/desert route. Etiwanda canyon was a personal choice(to finish his exploration of it).
And then to end it with a blazing hot desert walk.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Thanks for the video reports. That's an awesome trip. What class climbing would you say those loose cliffs were in Etiwanda Canyon?
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Great stuff in Etiwanda canyon. You calmly climb crumbling cliffs and immediately warn others to stay away. I think some on this board would take that as a challenge (I am looking at several of you). Thanks for the report.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sean wrote: Thanks for the video reports. That's an awesome trip. What class climbing would you say those loose cliffs were in Etiwanda Canyon?
Just to make it clear, I have nothing to do with any of this...but if the guy was backpacking, it couldnt have been all that hard. I would think the main difficultly was being exhausted from scrambling Etiwanda canyon in the summer. I guess it looks like class 2.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

AW wrote: Just to make it clear, I have nothing to do with any of this...
Oh, gotcha.

I appreciated the canyon shots he did, having been up Etiwanda from Joe Elliot not that long ago.