Thunder Mt. & Telegraph Pk.: 08-03-2008

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I had time for a Sunday morning hike so I chose 2 out of the 3 T's to hike up to from Wanker (spell checker prefers a W instead of an M) Flats. I had no idea there were so many others doing this the day before, so I was surprised to see a few familiar entries in the register (Tim and Gigamike to name a couple).

Started at 5:40 and made it back to the car at 11:35. Had beautiful temps and clear skies the entire hike - in fact I was a bit cold in just a T-shirt once I got above the Notch. The trail from Thunder to Telegraph is in great shape - no fallen trees or overgrown brush - making for a very pleasant stroll.

Found an old entry from our resident Super Hero and man about town Taco del Rio...
Wow - that NW face of Telegraph is steep!

Also found the usual Mars Bonfire entry as well as some moron's rant...

Great views of those other mountains to the east of our beloved San Gabriels...

I got the munchies on the way back, so I stopped in at the Notch snack bar and had a plate of steak-frites and some caffeine...
FTW!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

WEEEEEE
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That stuff you ate is worse! Bubbles no good. potatoes deep fried worser. wiener dog PACKED WITH SALT. YOU GONNA DIE!!!!!
how did you get up to the notch from Wanker? under he lifts? or up the dirt road? YOU MUST TO TELL!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

FIGHT ON wrote:...how did you get up to the notch from Wanker? under he lifts? or up the dirt road? YOU MUST TO TELL!
Dirt road.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

HikeUp wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote:...how did you get up to the notch from Wanker? under he lifts? or up the dirt road? YOU MUST TO TELL!
Dirt road.
That road actually is not so bad. I always avoided it until two weeks ago. Maybe I was distracted by walking with a friend. TALKIN BOUT CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

FIGHT ON wrote: wiener dog PACKED WITH SALT. YOU GONNA DIE!!!!!
Dood: Salt's actually a good thing on a hot day. It's like drinking gatorade or any other electrolyte replacement product.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Ohmigosh! The evils of taking the dread "performance enhancer" NaCl. This stuff can cause high blood pressure, heart attack, and even death! It ranks right up there with other dangerous substances such as C12H22O11, C6H12O6, and worse still, DHMO (gasp!). Fiends! What kind of person would even consider foisting such substances on an unwitting public, let alone actually do it? Criminal, I tell you!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

:D :D
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Hikin_Jim wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote: wiener dog PACKED WITH SALT. YOU GONNA DIE!!!!!
Dood: Salt's actually a good thing on a hot day. It's like drinking gatorade or any other electrolyte replacement product.
you ever seen what else they put in that balloon full of salt? :P
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Ohmigosh! The evils of taking the dread "performance enhancer" NaCl. This stuff can cause high blood pressure, heart attack, and even death! It ranks right up there with other dangerous substances such as C12H22O11, C6H12O6, and worse still, DHMO (gasp!). Fiends! What kind of person would even consider foisting such substances on an unwitting public, let alone actually do it? Criminal, I tell you!
oh yeah? how's that workin' for ya?

-DR.phil
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

:lol: Sometimes I think your moniker should be changed from "FIGHT ON" to "Non Sequitur." :lol:
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Hikin_Jim wrote::lol: Sometimes I think your moniker should be changed from "FIGHT ON" to "Non Sequitur." :lol:
I do agree that it would have been funnier if I would have said, in a whisper again of course,"hey Jim, I think there is a big polar bear hot tubbing with your wife!" I'll get ya next time. :wink:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

:lol: