HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Wow.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Excellente puma chica
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

That is quite a camera/flash setup. Fantastic pictures!
longcut

Post by longcut »

stunning pictures. thanks for sharing.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Really great pictures as always. Thanks!

Hey, do the watermarks mean you've turned pro? It looks like the photos have had some post processing.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

tekewin wrote: Really great pictures as always. Thanks!

Hey, do the watermarks mean you've turned pro? It looks like the photos have had some post processing.
Not pro - these are just the first photos that I'd consider worthy of selling as prints, so the advice of people has been to watermark. I suppose otherwise I might miss out on tens of dollars in revenue.

I did some processing in Lightroom - mostly contrast, warming up the white balance (the flashes are very 'cold' on their own - cougars are not blue/gray) and boosting "Clarity", whatever that does. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Lightroom is a pro tool, but I don't know enough to offer any advice. The photos look perfect to me.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

cougarmagic wrote: I did some processing in Lightroom - mostly contrast, warming up the white balance (the flashes are very 'cold' on their own - cougars are not blue/gray) and boosting "Clarity", whatever that does. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!
I use Lightroom for the raw images from my camera. You are better off to shoot raw than camera processed jpeg's. There is much less compression of the image allowing more freedom for adjustments. However, raw images need post processing work to look their best.

The beauty of Lightroom is that you can move the sliders and see the results. The settings I typically use are these:

Sharpening +50
Clarity +15
Vibrance +15
Saturation +25

Look under Lens Adjustments for your camera lens. Lightroom likely has a profile to correct geometric distortion - a problem especially with zoom lenses.

Areas too dark or too light can be improved with the Shadows and Highlights sliders. Landscapes generally don't need color temperature adjustments unless there are large areas in shadows which will look blue under skylight.

Keep those great pictures coming!