bears and foxes, May 2014

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

The bears all have to lick the camera every time they see it, apparently. Still getting some fun shots.

Is it possible to tell male from female in bears, just by their head shape? Someone once told me the females have thinner ankle joints. Obviously there are a couple of huge male bears up here, but it's hard to tell with the smaller ones, if they're female, or younger, or both.

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Beautiful as always, CM!

I'd like to know how the fox got that Western Gray Squirrel. I'm assuming the fox was arboreal at the time and snatched the sleeping squirrel.
walker

Post by walker »

Fantastic shots. Don't be surprised if you get some footage of a scrawny hiker. I think I walked by your camera on Sunday late afternoon and was startled by a flash. I saw few human footprints in the area but lots of animal tracks all over. On the way down, I saw something with a big gray bushy tail scurry under the chaparral. I'm guessing it could have been one of your friends in the photos.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

walker wrote: I think I walked by your camera on Sunday late afternoon and was startled by a flash.
Cool! It is a really interesting spot up there. I find new game trails every time I go (which is often!) I'll send you your selfie. :)