Cobblestone Mountain via Redrum Ridge

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
David Stillman

Post by David Stillman »

New route in the Southern Los Padres.

http://davidstillman.blogspot.com/2014/ ... route.html

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Nice one Stillman. I've already told you what a bad ass you were on the Cara Blanca route. :twisted:
David Stillman

Post by David Stillman »

Nahh, not the point, maybe used to be...but I grew up. I just want somebody to repeat this one day. Would be entertaining to get somebody else's take on these two lines. Keep doing the voodoo that you do bro. -DS
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

This sounds like a cool mountain. Everything in Ventura County is fresh to me. I think I'd try the HPS route before attempting your redrum route.

I found this from a 2001 trip report:
Coming off this peak, someone let a rock go and it ricocheted and gained speed, then smashed my left hand, breaking my index metacarpal (hand bone that connects to first finger) and severing blood vessels in back of hand. About 50cc blood loss. Wrapped it up and then did White before Jean White drove me out (my car was at McDonald's in Gorman). I called the ER at LBMMC and told them to put me in line, so I got in right away when I arrived there 1 1/2 hours later (I drove).
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

David,

Just wanted to give you some props after looking through your site and reading the Thunderbolt report. I think T-bolt is the ultimate California bad ass peak. Well done!

http://davidstillman.blogspot.com/2012/ ... uloir.html
David Stillman

Post by David Stillman »

Thanks,
Yeah, T-Bolt is a goody. If you're thinking of expanding your range into the SLP, my site has quite a bit of peakbagging info, and there are links to other SLP resources. Be prepared for everything to be a bit rough around the edges when compared to the Angeles. If you have questions you can always email me, address is at the bottom of the site. -DS