San Gabriel Peak

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
RCKSIL

Post by RCKSIL »

Went up to San Gabriel Peak last week, my first time. Interesting hike. Read that this was an easy hike, well for me it was not that easy. I read a review that wait it was on par with Monrovia canyon so I did it. Yes I also finished it. Sad to see the damage from the Station fire. Even ti was a few years ago. I hate to see what the Colby Fire area looks like.. Here is a link to the set since I cannot figure out how to post the pictures
I know I have done it once before but I am sure I will figure it out, later.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/unclericky ... 123775394/

Rick
outwhere

Post by outwhere »

RCKSIL wrote: Read that this was an easy hike, well for me it was not that easy.
We must be reading the same material :P But yes, once you're on your way.....

Thanks for the photos too! Flucking Station Fire :evil: I did see some photos of the north facing slopes around the Mt. Wilson area and at least those beautiful pines escaped... hope someone won't have to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Am I imagining this or was there a semi-scattered pile of lumber on the north side of San Gabriel Peak [early 2000's?] - like from a dismantled lookout station or something like that?
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice pictures! Freeky markings left on the trails - witchcraft?

Hike more and it gets easier.
RCKSIL

Post by RCKSIL »

HikeUp wrote: Freeky markings left on the trails - witchcraft?

Hike more and it gets easier.
I thought it was witchcraft also but you never know. After taking 30 yrs off from Hiking/backpacking it is a little tough but I know I used to do it and I will be able to do it again except a little slower! Next trip there I am bring a crucifix just in case ;-)

Rick
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Excellent camera work Rick. That's a nice area despite the burn and the witches.