Our drought and what's ahead

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Teejate

Post by Teejate »

An interesting article highlighting the reasons behind our current drought and what it looks like moving forward.

http://www.weatherwest.com/archives/1085

All I know is I've been backpacking the last four weeks in the S.G.'s and have been sleeping on dry ground where they should be snow.

Might be time for a collective rain dance. It's a bad scene.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Teejate wrote: An interesting article highlighting the reasons behind our current drought and what it looks like moving forward.

http://www.weatherwest.com/archives/1085

All I know is I've been backpacking the last four weeks in the S.G.'s and have been sleeping on dry ground where they should be snow.

Might be time for a collective rain dance. It's a bad scene.
These weather clowns have no clue. First they were saying El Nino, then La Nina, then La Nada, and now this 'ridge'....yet with anything they say, that doesnt mean anything.

Next there is no such thing as this "ridge"....without talking about the entire world...its all interconnected. Im not at all saying climate change/global warming, but Im saying some other spot(s) is causing this and the beloved ridge they keep on mentioning is just along for the ride. If I have to put the blame on something, Im putting it on Obama :D

Because politicians should be proactive and cut water usage now by 5% and just admit we dont know how long this will last. Instead, they will not waste a disaster to control and spend. Either the water bond, aka high speed-water, on the ballot or a huge increase in water rates. Right now, the share prices of water companies are declining, and their borrowing costs increasing. And as utilities they can just get into that Enron situation, just this time its water. In other words, there is plenty of money to be made here.