Proposed National Recreation Area

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Rep. Judy Chu is proposing a new NRA that includes the Angeles National Forest and the San Gabriel Mountains. The official solution to people falling in Eaton Canyon. Plus, stairways down to the East Fork? Yay!

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/politics/2013 ... st-part-o/
AW~

Post by AW~ »

All I can do is adamantly oppose Chu on the legislation. The following is sacarastic:

Or welcome to the Judy Chu Center formerly known as the barbaric/racist name Heaton Flats. Did you enjoy the scenery of your 2 hr bus ride up here? Who said an expensive permit doesnt come with anything? Its 11am now and the last bus backs leaves at 4pm. Enjoy your stay.

All wilderness areas are closed...to *cough* fire danger, so you can only stick to the established trail of 1/2 a mile that ends in a forest of more planted trees since theres no camping. We know whats good for you and you might hurt yourself otherwise. People used to drive in the rain or snow :shock: Its so nice to know the area is pristine, thats why we put this center in and the scultpure built by my friends with state grants.

This center is just one of many built at no cost to taxpayers(it was from the carbon tax) and to be appreciated by taxpayers. Please see our brochure for the many opportunities to drive up *and dont mind if you get tagged by the many red light cameras* *cough* and enjoy what I fought for and got for you. Because its imperative that we bring city politics and life to the mountains.

Sincerely,
Your friend Judy Chu
atomicoyote

Post by atomicoyote »

This is just playing the violin a little louder whiel the Titanic keeps sinking; sounds good, but won't do anything. The National Forest Service, National Park Service, and BLM have all had their budgets slashed over the past 30 years, so I can't see where they'll get any more money to fix up the place and hire staff to patrol a new National Recreation Area. I also like the mention of 'partnerships' with local agencies - aren't the local agencies already doing enough, rescuing folks (like that little emergency services-draining money pit called Eaton Canyon?). Just put up warning signs notifying folks of the dangers and lack of immediate emergency services in the area, and if folks don't pay attention, or venture into some area they are not prepared for, they'll suffer the consequences.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I hope they make more things illegal so I can break more laws. I also hope they have more use fees so I can not pay those either.