Main Trail on Sat Morning

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Up the Ski Hut trail to the summit early yesterday.

The rain that came in the night made the plants come to life, one big horn ran across the trail in front of me (around 5:15 AM)(I was about a mile above the road just before the upper falls area), all the new trail signs have been cut off with a saw (thanks to the person that did this you continue to prove that it's never to late to be a complete idiot because it's all about you and what you want), someone has knocked over all but two of the wind breaks on the summit again (Once again I'd love to hear from the rocket scientist who's doing this to get a complete explanation as to why your version of the summit is more important than everyone else's?). The crowds were not that bad for a holiday Sat. The trail is rutted down the middle from all the rain and water flow/runoff.

For anyone doing a mid-week hike the roads will be under construction on Tue-thursday's for the next couple of weeks and there's no parking during this time from 6AM to 5 PM during this time so be warned.

Sorry only one picture of the summit plaque.

PS Dave G was stalking us and we ran into him at the Ski Hut and I'll be darned that we could not shake him all the way to the summit, down the face of the bowl and back to the car, but hey he did have some funny things to say :wink: :D :shock:
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

I thought about doing Baldy on Saturday. But clouds were surrounding the peak. So I did Telegraph instead.

Baldy shrouded in clouds
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

It was whispy on top with soft 5mph breeze which afforded a few views here & there but mostly a cloud of fog/precipitation.