Mine Gulch via Vincent Gap trail

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

Never been...any tips? Already been in from prairie fork way, ain't no trail down low, but its slowly becoming a work in process. I hear this ones worse, worse than what? Running out of beer? Now that's bad!
mcphersonm80

Post by mcphersonm80 »

The trail from Vincent Gap down into Mine Gulch is easy to follow all the way to where it meets the Prairie Fork. From there if you're continuing further down the East Fork, you're on your own, but navigation is obvious through that stretch anyway.
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

mcphersonm80 wrote: The trail from Vincent Gap down into Mine Gulch is easy to follow all the way to where it meets the Prairie Fork. From there if you're continuing further down the East Fork, you're on your own, but navigation is obvious through that stretch anyway.
Thx Mc!

I owe ya one.Image

I've heard a few diff versions of the trail condition and this past May, when camped at at the old Prairie Fork RS site, I ran into a couple of kids mtn biking, it was late, they were wiped out, and they came in that way. said it was mostly bushwackin in, they were late, headed up to guffy, said his mom was gonna be pissed... :0 made sure they had water and off they went.
I'm headed down that way nonetheless, but the info gleaned here is well appreciated, cause as always.....Mother Nature is a bitch.

"Be Prepared" motto serves this old Boy Scout well, unfortunately I was kicked out for eating brownies............

Happy Trails to you.

.....and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Quaeritur Stultitiae
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

How far up are you going? There be some cool falls in there if you hike up far enough, but it's kinda a crappy slog.
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

Not sure....saw falls on topo, whats thoughts on waterfall having water? this time year? just headed down da trail, see what i c...no plans no worries...looking to ck out as much the area as I can .Like to scout Fish Falls area...Planning on putting in this coming weekend, be down there couple weeks, maybe more. ...u busy?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

The falls are up around here: http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=34.35127,-11 ... twood%20CA

Fish Falls as in the lowest falls in Fish Fork? About here, roughly: http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=34.30987,-11 ... tonio%20CA
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

thx bud...exactly where i was thinking. Been caching food and stuff for awhile to set it up. Have to be back last week sept, so next two weeks at least will be "Off to see the wizard time."

Weather is issue, rain gear and common sense go along way, 15 yrs in northern Utah helped tooooo. Aint first time been rained on, wont be last. Thunderbumpers make ya wanna hole up an let them pass...mother natures a bitch!

I am slowly learning the ropes here so appreciate the input, and as always if ya smell the coffee brewing stop by! Ill attempt to get some trip pics up if able, apple and vista dont like to play well together for this ole fart puter challenged traveller.

as always, be safe... and remember...

Quaeritur Stultitiae
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

Wow, 19 days down mine gulch way. Over to Cabin Flat, down the river lil past Alder Gulch & lots other places.....Report and more pics to follow.

headed back in after Oct 1, gosh hate being retired with this much time... :)