10 days in Los Padres NF

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
Rudy Rodriguez

Post by Rudy Rodriguez »

It was a nice, but hot time. I was on private property so there was no one around except my man, Damon. I set up my tent under the trees and had peace and quiet. No strangers allowed on a 30 acre sprawl. As well as camping, I worked to make trails more defined and scratched out primitive campsites using a wheelbarrow and a mc cloud. Sorry no pics: I don't need or want technology in the hills. I was at 4600ft elevation. Sagebrush, oaks, and pines dominated the terrain. I loved the fact that wherever I was at, there was no other people. I worked the land, smoked stoggies and listened to the wind. One day friends came by and I went swimming in a lake. How refreshing! I was dropped off, initially and when it was time to go, I got a ride into Ojai and then used local bus route to get to Oxnard and greyhound brought me back to LA. Then from downtown LA I bussed it back home. Up on Pine mountain I could fall asleep to the milky way as my view!
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We don't need pictures. Your description paints a great scene. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could get out like that.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Well done Rudy. Bonus points for public transportation.