Valley to Merced river trail

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

went from the Ahwahnee (yosemite valley) up the mist trail, to little yosemite valley, to the merced lake trail. went out 10.4 miles in 3hr 30min. there was more ele gain than i had thought! i gotta learn to read my topo map better, ha. anyway. was a fun workout. it was my first time doing over 20miles this season. (I did 15 mi on monday with 8000 ft of ele change, 5.5 miles of speedwork on tuesday, then this 21.8mi on wednesday. so, the fact im not tired at least is good! my endurance seems on track so my run from Tuolomne to Mammoth should be pretty easy. which is good. I had been worried I wouldnt be fit enough for a 30+ by june 3rd, but everything seems good :)

heres some pics and a Garmin link.

Melvin the Adventure squirrel!

not sure where i am here, i think its the trail? or just rocks, ha. this was the 10.4 mile spot, so i ate a snack here n headed home.

havent seen any human-people in like 4 hours! :) (i did see a coyote though which was cool)

cool tree

wierd burned and flooded area

Half dome from the other side

Nevada Falls

garmin link http://connect.garmin.com/activity/306418740
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Beautiful pix! Thanks for the report. Clever use of the squirrel. Maybe I need a travelling companion like that.
longcut

Post by longcut »

everyday, awesome pics. ive been up that way a couple times and its gorgeous. surprised you didnt see many people though, maybe its still early in the season for humans? Your 2nd pic shows the granite slab that me and my kids slept on back in 2011, freakin paradise. have fun on your run!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Wow, nice stuff.

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

@ Longcut, ive adopted scott jurek's eating style, and have found my recovery time to have improved incredibly! by like 100+ percent! i totally doubted all the benefits, i thought maybe he was special. but I gave it a try and after only 3 weeks of no processed foods/refined sugars/flour etc. and no animal products at all, my recovery time is like zero. i feel no affects of lactic acid build up or anything! its crazy how good my muscles feel. i feel better than i have in like forever. and i still get more than enough protein. ima stick with this and by next year ill feel like runnin round the world :)

for u who dont know, mr. jurek has won the western states 100 like 6 or 7 times all on whole, natural foods. ...that means shit that grows outa the ground. not mc donalds ;)

i run on hammer drinks, beans, avacado, corn tortillias and fruit n nuts. since i quit meat, milk and eggs i feel like i can fly over mountains . and until last month, i thought all the breakfast pork chops n fried eggs protien was helping me, ill admit i was wrong as i cant argue with the results in my times and endurance gains that i see on my stopwatch.

@ Tekewin- yus! i take Melvin everywhere on runs and climbs, hes in the sidepocket of my pack like where a bottle would go so hes visible, he reminds me that it should be all about having fun and to not be to serious! and that im loved. (my super awesome boyfriend bought him for me :)
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Wow, I am hoping a get to see that area soon for myself. Looks like you had great weather too