Iron Mountain - One Long Day

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
JDB22

Post by JDB22 »

Im sure many of the folks on this forum know the infamously steep trail that leads to Iron Mt. A couple friends & I decided to give it a shot last weekend. The views from this hike are amazing, but you really pay for it along the way. In the end, 4 of 4 summited & it felt great.

Short video, more photos, & some words: http://jdboggs.blogspot.com/2013/04/iro ... l-mts.html
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Congratulations Guys, Great report and pics, yes, Iron Mountain is generally regarded as one of the more enduring hikes in the San Gabs. Sounds like you had a real fun day out.

Cheers,

Phil
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Saw the video a couple of days ago...looks like you guys had perfect weather for that hike. I'm sure that helped on your ascent...it would be a different story if it was warmer.

Great job! When I get enough training, I'll try and do this hike :D

I'm headed to Baldy in a couple of weeks...going to be my first time...hope I make it :shock:
mcphersonm80

Post by mcphersonm80 »

Nice report. Not an easy hike, but absolutely worth the effort. We're heading up there tomorrow morning. 8)
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Been there... Done that... don't really have any plans to return unless someone I know really want to go.

But it does have good views on a clear day. Sounds like you had a good time

Thanks for the TR