Verdugo Hills Night Hike: 02-06-2013

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Hiked up to the KROQ antenna last night for a moonless cold stroll in the Verdugo Hills. My first hike since August. As usual, the first thing you notice is lack of cardio conditioning. Oh well.

Started at the Beaudry trail head...

Took the Beaudry North fire road to KROQ then returned via the Beaudry South fire road. Just under 6 miles round trip and about 1400' elevation gain. Even though it was very dark, I didn't use a headlamp except maybe a couple of times. Hard to get lost if you have a good map (thanks Matt - I stole that from you a few years ago! :D ).

Didn't hear or see any critters - probably because I went with 6 others and a dog.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Thanks for the map! Stough Canyon is literally my backyard...going to be doing some day hikes in the area now that I have map :lol:
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Very nice. Night hikes like this are especially good to know about during the summer (when temperatures kill daytime hiking).

Sorry you didn't see any critters. They are there... :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

cougarmagic wrote: Sorry you didn't see any critters. They are there... :D
Heh, I kept expecting the lil dog to be snatched up and swept away. 7 people making noise kept the critters at bay - but it'd be hard for me to do this solo at night.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

I had to drive a concrete truck up to the KROQ antenna three times, talk about the ride of your life. I would have rather hiked up. :shock: