Henninger Flats Camp

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I just posted a trip report on my blog for a little post-Thanksgiving backpacking trip to Henninger Flats in Altadena, CA.

It was really nice. Perfect weather for a gentle sway in the hammock with my daughter. Check out the video on the TR. Yes, she's cute when she talks. :)

And some pretty spectacular views were to be had at night.

HJ
shreddy

Post by shreddy »

Thanks for sharing your TR Blog and photos. Great stuff! Really enjoyed the pics of the city from night time above. Happy Trails!
JDB22

Post by JDB22 »

Thanks for always sharing your outdoor adventures. Really loving your blog. The final 10K peak post was fun to read to. Congrats on checking them all off your list!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

shreddy wrote: Thanks for sharing your TR Blog and photos. Great stuff! Really enjoyed the pics of the city from night time above. Happy Trails!
You're welcome; glad you liked the TR. Wish I had time to do them more often.

I've been having fun experimenting with my camera's settings. The photos on the blog of LA at night are an outgrowth of that experimentation. Fun stuff!

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

JDB22 wrote: Thanks for always sharing your outdoor adventures. Really loving your blog. The final 10K peak post was fun to read to. Congrats on checking them all off your list!
Thanks. I had a lot of fun doing the peaks, and doing the peaks took me through a lot of interesting territory. I'm also pleased to hear that at least a few are getting something out of my blog.

HJ
tarol

Post by tarol »

Cute - I recently did an overnight backpack with my son in the front pack and everything else in my backpack - but he's only 20 pounds! It's tough, but worth it :)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

JDB22 wrote: Thanks for always sharing your outdoor adventures. Really loving your blog. The final 10K peak post was fun to read to. Congrats on checking them all off your list!
Thanks. I had some more fun a couple of weeks ago and did the Skyline Trail which goes from Palm Springs up to Long Valley in the San Jacintos. 8,000' of vertical gain in about 9 miles. Doing the 10K peaks really helped get me in shape for it.

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

tarol wrote: Cute - I recently did an overnight backpack with my son in the front pack and everything else in my backpack - but he's only 20 pounds! It's tough, but worth it :)
20 pounds is nothing to be sneezed at. That's the equivalent of carrying two and a half gallons of water.

I find that carrying my daughter in a front pack with my regular pack on my back works best. It feels really heavy if I put everything (daughter + gear) on my back.

HJ