Yosemite pics, run-hike up to Sunrise Camp from my new home

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hello! I dont live in the Grand Canyon anymore, now I live in Yosemite Natl' Park next to the Ahwahnee Hotel right between Half Dome and Glacier Point.

I went from my apt there in yosemite valley, up to Sunrise Camp on the 18th. Its 15.3 mi from my house. so a lil over 30 mi roundtrip that day :) heres a lotta pix...OH! and i took the john muir trail there, up by Nevada Falls, through little yosemite valley, behind half dome then E NE to middle of nowhere, over a creek, then to a trail called sunrise, then past some mountains, past a deer then left then down to a meadow ...sorry, i dont have the garmin track as the batteries died

Best running trail views EVER :)

OK!

and 6000feet ele gain later....

and now headin back down to home...

heres a pic of my home! look at! i have lotsa ferns! and a racoon lives under the porch, and a bear hangs out in the backyard/meadow

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Nice home and shady setting, but looks as though the extremely invasive weed tree Ailanthus altissima has made its way to Yosemite. It's called Tree of Heaven, but I call it the Tree from Hell...

everyday

Post by everyday »

i dont like those either. They are trying to get rid of non native things. Maybe nps or someone can remove em.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice pics! I'm envious.

Of course you realize that you owe your existence to those of us who are chained in cubicles? No cubicle dwellers, no tourists. No tourists, no employees at Ahwanhee.

Ailanthus altissima? So that's what that is. I've been noticing it the past 5 to 8 years or so. It's all over down here in So. Cal. The Station Fire cleared some of it out, but it's come back.

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

i dunno Jim, the place i work on the 5th n 6th floors of the Ahwahnee, are 1200 dollar a night rooms, I doubt many cubicle workers stay here.....its the people who own the cubicle workers who have money...cubicle workers only have shattered dreams and ulcers :lol:

--seriously though, I know what you mean. I used to be a warehouse worker/stock clerk at an oil equipment company....but then i was unemployed for a bit, and decided to go a different way :)
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Damn dude I'd HATE to live there!!! :lol:
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Keep em coming....did you hear about this dude tightroping over the falls?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

You can tell you're happy - you've never posted so many pictures before!

And who can blame you! That's just fantastic. Very envious. Enjoy!! You now have probably hundreds of miles of trails to run now, and they're all beautiful.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

everyday wrote: cubicle workers only have shattered dreams and ulcers
I totally disagree with that statement, but you'll have to excuse me; I've got to go tend to my ulcer*. :wink:

HJ

*By the way, they finally disproved the idea that ulcers are stress related. I think they came up with a bacterial cause (Helicobacter pylori).
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Hikin_Jim wrote: [*By the way, they finally disproved the idea that ulcers are stress related. I think they came up with a bacterial cause (Helicobacter pylori).
Is that bacteria native to cubicles?
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

JeffH wrote: Is that bacteria native to cubicles?
I'd laugh but it makes my stomach hurt.

HJ