3rd time to Baldy summit in 1 week

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hellos!
Today i went to the top of mt baldy for the 3rd time this week, Wednesday i took skihut to top to devils backbone to dirt road n down to san antonio falls to car, did the same route on saturday, and now the longer but nicer way today.
I started at the Mt Baldy trail in the village again today, and this time started early enough, , 11am, to go to the summit and back on this trail .(i started to late on sunday so only went halfway), its about 6 miles (one way) from here.
And , imo anyway, much nicer than skihut trail or devilsbackbone. Its way prettier, and nicer in general, and more suitable for trailrunning, i was able to run the whole way back down, and, on the way up- some sections above 7500ft and everything above 9200ft, lotsa parts too steep to try n run, for me anyway- . but its a good walkies trail too! and good for pics, and theres more tree squirrels than people. Since i just posted pics in my last trip report of start of trail to 8000ft, I only took mostly pics today of above 8000-to summit, thats why not a lot of pics, if you want to see the rest of this trail, look at my post from yesterday here in TripReports called Walkies n pics.....

Only six!

sponsored by coconuts waters!....also fueled by a large turkey, roastbeef, ham and provolone sammich at about this time!

ha! good! more than halfway (my goal was anything under 3hrs)

purty

this part was cool, about 8800 i think and up

HA! i will achieve my less than 3hrs goal even with this photography nonsense! i have less than 2 miles to go n this is the super easy part, im already above 9200ft

more crazy rocks!

them other mountains

ah! i didnt do this my other 2 times here, so here-

and well under 3, no prob....now to run all the way down back to the village! ahahahhahahaha! (is says 5.77 insteada 6.0 cause i went up a couple minutes befor setting it to get a signal, so add 5-6 min to my time i guess...still under 3 though)

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice pics Jar Jar :wink: .

Thanks for posting them.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

HikeUp wrote: Nice pics Jar Jar :wink: .
:lol:

Definitely nice pics. Motivating me to get out there. I was over on Cuca a few weeks ago, but I haven't done Baldy for a while.

HJ