Old Mt Baldy trail -Bear Canyon to summit

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Im'a go that way on Sunday if anyone else wantsta go too :) i have no time set , so whenever. Ide like to start earlier than i did when i went up ski hut and down Devils backbone the other day, i didnt start til like 4pm then. maybe start this route at like 10 or something...
longcut

Post by longcut »

Craig and I wanted to do Baldy this weekend too, maybe we could join you. but Saturday is my friends wedding so I might be, um, tired Sunday.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I'm going to be hiking for two this weekend (i.e. carrying my daughter), so that's out for me, but have a good one.
longcut wrote: Saturday is my friends wedding so I might be, um, tired Sunday.
"Tired?" :wink: Unh hunh. Sure. :lol:

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

Longcut...yeah, but you can sleep in a lot...head up at noon or even 1pm n make it back. Hell, i started from san antonio falls tha other day after 4pm, got to the summit befor 6pm, and ran down in half the time, was back at car by 715pm.....and the way i was gonna go sunday is only like 3-4 miles more. Im not one of those people who start at the ass-crack-of dawn 4am BS. im fine with anytime between 10am and 2 pm ta head out. If ya arnt dyin 'n wanna meet up call me sunday when ya get up. Im not gonna be blazin fast either, ive had to much down time/cookies lately
Itd be fun to see you guys again. we can do a shorter route to if ya want, but i need at least 8-10mi to make it worth gettin dressed :)
longcut

Post by longcut »

dang, ive been running at dawn so much i totally forgot that i could start later in the day. never thought of that. :) but i want to go early because i have to be in altadena by 4pm to get, um, tired again.

if the wedding doesnt make too, um, tired then maybe we can start at like 8am. i know you dont like to go too early but ive seen you do it once, and you did pretty damn good that time.
everyday

Post by everyday »

OK. i can do 0800-ish.

(ima go up there Saturday morning too, if that works better for u guys, but just do the short loop to top again 8.7miles)
longcut

Post by longcut »

okay lets see if i dont flake, if i do im sorry ahead of time. email me your phone, i dont have it anymore. if i dont call you by 10am then it probably means i woke up in vegas with a tiger in my room. i'll check with craig.
everyday

Post by everyday »

i dont have your email anymore. i texted you my #