Climber's blog from Japan

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
simonov

Post by simonov »

This guy is one of my Flickr contacts. He writes the most amazing climbing blog I have seen and also snaps the most dazzling photos, almost every one a masterpiece.

Check it out!
Nunc est bibendum
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

very amazing pics. Especially his shadow with the rainbows. how did that happen?
simonov

Post by simonov »

FIGHT ON wrote:very amazing pics. Especially his shadow with the rainbows. how did that happen?
He explains it in this blog entry. It's called the Brocken Spectre.
Nunc est bibendum
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Pretty cool blog.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

It is my dream to one day climb in Japan. Beautiful photos and great blog. Thanks for the link!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

TacoDelRio wrote:It is my dream to one day climb in Japan. Beautiful photos and great blog. Thanks for the link!
Well, not as nice as Simonov's link, but here's my humble hike with the pre-wife in Japan last Summer:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jim.barbour ... 9984558514
Hopefully the slide show link works. :)

Beautiful country.

Oh, and if you're on a PC, hit F11 while the slideshow is running (better display).
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Arigato, Jim-san!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

TacoDelRio wrote:Arigato, Jim-san!
Doitashemaste
(Phonetic rendering of "you're welcome" in Japanese. I have no idea how to actually spell it)
simonov

Post by simonov »

TacoDelRio wrote:It is my dream to one day climb in Japan. Beautiful photos and great blog. Thanks for the link!
Why not correspond with the guy? One of these days you'll end up in Japan and you'll need a climbing partner.

He seems to like the same stuff you like.
Nunc est bibendum
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

One moment while I consult my book of excuses.

Broke! :lol:
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Freakin' beautiful stuff. Thanks for posting simonov.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Nice pics Jim. Some of them look like the San Gabriels to me. Some of them with the clouds look like Strawberry Peak.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

simonov.
Could you ask your friend if this is the real reason he hikes over there?

http://media.podshow.com/media/3507/episodes/106918/bestofyoutube-106918-04-07-2008.mp4
simonov

Post by simonov »

FIGHT ON wrote:simonov.
Could you ask your friend if this is the real reason he hikes over there?

http://media.podshow.com/media/3507/episodes/106918/bestofyoutube-106918-04-07-2008.mp4
What a nightmare country.

I've used the London Underground a few times during peak hours, and while I actually would have to stoop over to fit in the crowded carriage, it never gets as bad as that.
Nunc est bibendum
Rick M

Post by Rick M »

Fight On, that reminds me of Mexico City. After we climbed the Big 3 (Popo, Ixta, and Orizaba) in Mexico, my friends flew home and I stayed for some sight seeing. My plane out was Christmas Eve evening and I was taking their rubber tired subway "trains" around the city. They were packing them in like sardines. On one, the pick of my ice axe got stuck on a ladies purse while I was trying to get out the door. They closed between the axe and the pack I was wearing and I thought for a second that I might be dragged along hanging out the door. :lol:
He219

Post by He219 »

Rick M wrote:I was taking their rubber tired subway "trains" around the city. They were packing them in like sardines. On one, the pick of my ice axe got stuck on a ladies purse while I was trying to get out the door
You mean those Green VW Buses that pass for Mass Transit?
:lol: