Limber Pine Bench overnight 6/1/12

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Matt and Bernd planned a trip starting from Angelus Oaks, up to San Gorgonio, then down to Mission Creek trailhead. I didn't have time for the whole thing, so Jane and I joined them for just the first leg. Friday afternoon we hiked up to Limber Pine Bench, enjoyed the nearly full moon, some spiced rum and gourmet and non-gourmet (junk) food. Hiked back down the next morning after filling up our water bottles from the creek above the camp.

Sometimes at around 10k' my heart will beat faster at rest, which makes it hard for me to sleep (because I feel, physically, like I'm nervous about something). Not always though, and not this time.

I had never been on this trail before. I was just totally stunned by how beautiful it is, and how "well kept" (if a wilderness can be such a thing). It was clean, quiet, and the trail was just perfect and gorgeous at every turn.

The hike up (5.5 miles and somewheres about 3k' gain) was very hot in the afternoon sun, but the evening was pleasantly cool and the next morning was warm with a cool breeze. We vowed to check out John's Meadow next time.

Someone along the trail mentioned Vivian Creek TH is open again.

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

LOL@ kindle in the wild!