Moving from the Grand Canyon to Yosemite :)

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
everyday

Post by everyday »

So, there will be no more boring old pix of the Grand Canyon, as I got hired at Yosemite and start there in June! Once I get there, i will be sure to post too many pix of trails, bears, and rock climbing trips 8)
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

Nice! I'll be there first weekend of October!
AW~

Post by AW~ »

best wishes to ye....hopefully the public is not too much of a nuisance.

Do we have a spy to check out some potential canyoneering routes? :D
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

AW wrote: Do we have a spy to check out some potential canyoneering routes? :D
:lol: 8)
everyday

Post by everyday »

AW- the public isnt an issue really, Ive learned that once I get even as little as 1-2 miles from trailheads, i hardly see any tourists....And once im 5 miles out, im pretty much alone, Its why i love running, It gets me away from all the average people in just 15minutes or so :D

as to canyoneering, you may be better off with google earth! lol. Ive decided I dont care for it....too much time just standing around being cold n wet (i do run in the rain n snow when its cold n wet, but at least im moving! , but just the waitin on everyone else kills me! Im not good at just standin around waitin) anywho, so i wont be any canyon-help unless i come across one on accident on a run, Now, if ya wanna come rock climbing, THEN i may know something, i plan on spending a LOT of my free time climbing

-I have my start date now! its June 18th
robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

What will you be doing in Yosemite? NPS? Will you be living in the park, or adjacent?
everyday

Post by everyday »

Ill be living in the park, just like I do here at the Grand Canyon. And I'll be a housekeeper still, just like here. I think for NPS you need college or somethin....or maybe not, most of the NPS people ive talked to sure dont seem college educated, they actually seem kinda 'tarded n ignorant. Anywho....Ill be working for Delaware North Corporation at the bigass cool hotel there the Ahwahnee

Look At! \/

http://www.yosemitepark.com/the-ahwahnee.aspx
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

everyday wrote: I think for NPS you need college or somethin....or maybe not, most of the NPS people ive talked to sure dont seem college educated, they actually seem kinda 'tarded n ignorant. Anywho....Ill be working for Delaware North Corporation at the bigass cool hotel there the Ahwahnee
Wow! Really?

Anyhow, congratulations! You will be working in a beautiful area!
robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

Sweeet gig! The Ahwahnee is a work of art smack dad in the middle of one of the most beautiful places on earth. Congrats!
everyday

Post by everyday »

Yea, Im real excited to be going there! everyones told me its a great Hotel. And the location looks cool. Ive never been to Yosemite.

* @ Mike p--and as to the NPS thing, Ijust found out that here at the Canyon, theres a training center for newbie NPS peeps, so maybe thats why ive come across a lot who dont know much yet, theyre still training or whatever and dont know the area.....that would explain alot.