Adams’ Pack Station 76th Anniversary Party

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Adams' Pack Station is celebrating 76 years of "haulin' ass" from Chantry Flat into Big Santa Anita Canyon.

Join us in the festivities on Sunday, April 22nd from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. The party will kick-off the 2012 Adams' Pack Station concert series with Steven Bejarano, Ruthann Friedmann, 45 Fingers, and Bryan Chan.

Cast-Iron Chef Eric Woodyard will be slow-roasting his famous Carolina pulled pork sandwiches, and Uncle Rich will be serving his Kick-Ass Burgers, Hot Links, and Nathan's hot dogs. Fresh, hot french fries are also available.

When the pack station was under construction in 1936, the workers were fed homemade chili that was cooked in steel washtubs. Eric will commemorate this 76 year old event by stirring up his own "washtub chili" in his Dutch ovens.

Of course, we will offer our usual selection of ice cold sodas and beer, snacks and ice cream treats.

50% of proceeds from the sale of merchandise will be donated to the Friends of the San Gabriels
[501 (c)(3)].
Breabonnie

Post by Breabonnie »

Would love to go but my husband's birthday party is that same day in the afternoon. Considering I also missed last summers concert series I will need to make a point to attend one of these. So glad to hear they are doing it again.

I suppose bringing folding chairs in the trunk of the car would be a good idea to insure a seat, unless you don't mind holding down a pic nic table further away or sitting on the ground.

Anyone been? Do they get crowded?