San Gorgonio Snowshoe Fun

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
jmac

Post by jmac »

Took off from the South Fork TH on Saturday, starting fairly late at about 10:00am. The trail was snow free until about halfway between Poopout and the SF/Lost Creek Junction. We hit SF Meadows, put the snowshoes on and headed south towards Jepson. We hit 9400ft and then headed east until we hit the far right chute on San Gorgonio. Headed up the chute to just over 10000ft and decided to stop there as it was getting pretty late. We headed back down making a direct shot back to the meadows, bypassing the trail. There was still a pretty good snow pack above 8500ft, but the way the temps were it doesn't feel like it will last long. It was a great day to get in some late season snowshoe tracks.

A few iPhone pics http://trailsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

those pics in your blog are awesome. all done with an iphone?
jmac

Post by jmac »

yobtaf wrote: those pics in your blog are awesome. all done with an iphone?
Hey, thanks! Not all the photos on the blog are from my iPhone. The pics from the last post were taken from my iPhone 4 using the Camera+ app to edit. Pretty much everything I have done in the last 4 months has been from the iPhone. I label the posts in my blog where I use my iPhone as "-from the iPhone". I usually shoot with a Canon 50D, but I have not been able to process any of those photos lately because my Macbook is dead. I am really starting to miss shooting with my 50D, but hey, the iPhone turns out to be a pretty handy ultralight option for photography on the trail. :D The major downside is that I can't get quality prints from iPhone shots, but they look ok on the web.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

yeah I was noticing the "from iphone" at the top of different post. Nice blog and looks like you have been having a good time.