Middle Fork Lytle Creek to 3rd Stream Crossing May 17-18

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
tarol

Post by tarol »

Anybody interested in joining me on an overnighter up this trail? I may also attempt to go up to the saddle and if I survive that maybe Cucamonga Peak? This will be my first trip since last September so I'll probably be hiking at a slow-moderate pace but I do have a lot of backcountry experience and I consider myself to be an easygoing sort of person and I love to explore new areas. This canyon is known to have some great views, the occasional bighorn sheep, and wildflowers blooming this time of year. Let me know if you'd like to come with, I've already got the permit taken care of... thanks :)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Where are you planning to camp? I've had it in the back of my mind that I'd like to camp at Comanche for several years now. Lovely spot, and the water is pretty much reliable year around. That'd be a great peak bag (to Cucamonga) from there.

Dang. Probably can't make it. Just got married and gotta do a lot of "stuff" to the place or I'll be in big(ger) trouble. Dang right I wear the pants in the family. :oops:

Please post a TR for those of us who are (somewhat) sidelined.

HJ
tarol

Post by tarol »

Didn't go, too hot! Plus my hiking partner had a sore hip. But I did dayhike up to Bonita Falls... here's the trip report and photos.

http://www.tarol.com/bonitafalls.html
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Looks nice. Been by there but never been there. Sometime I'll have to go.
tarol

Post by tarol »

I still haven't hiked this - Maybe this May or late April? Would anyone like to go? Let me know, thanks!