The snakes are out

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We hiked to Gilman Peak in Chino Hills State Park today. I found a cheapo (5 bucks!) battery for my camera on the internet. It actually worked. So, I was able to get pictures of two baby rattlesnakes. They were about 8 inches long.

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Everything is out early! It will be interesting to see how the new Forest Supervisor will handle what will probably be a very dry summer.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Yay snakes! I like snakes! I havent seen any out here...well, 1 last year, but I used to see rattlesnakes, and others, all the time running out in the santa rosas an' san J area.
VermillionPearlGirl

Post by VermillionPearlGirl »

I figured as much because this week I saw like one million bunnies, a lot of lizards, and bear tracks. I was like 'winter is clearly over'.

Although we'll see after tonight's snow.
obie

Post by obie »

After I read this TR all I'm thinking about at the start of a ride in Moro Canyon is "look closely at all those little, dark sticks on the trail - the baby rattlers are out...yadda, yadda."

Ten minutes later I ride right by a big bubba laying across Bommer Ridge. Passed it on the business side too.....freaked me out to be making a mistake like that. Was looking for something smaller. Time to wake up now.

This today: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-r ... 4776.story
arocknoid

Post by arocknoid »

Yes they are. Tread lightly, and with a watchful eye.

Here's one which I 'saved' from impending roadway doom and relocated to a remote area. Despite the temp implied by my flip-flop, he is quite chilled and sluggish from nighttime brrr--sleep. The concrete is still very cold, as well. (I don't intend to encourage viper handling by the inexperienced, btw.)

"Any man sasses Strother Martin spends a night in the bucket."