Chapman Trail

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
longcut

Post by longcut »

Has anybody been on the chapman trail between spruce camp and the icehouse cyn trail junction? It should be passable but I'm wondering if I should take crampons. Thanks!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Thread has been pruned.

George/666: If you don't have an answer for this, please don't reply. You're stirring the pot with people whether you know it or not. You're on thin ice as it is.

Mike P and Everyday: take it elsewhere please.

This is the first time in a LONG time I've had to moderate a thread. Let's just get this man's question answered and leave it at that.

If you guys wanna talk about running or whatever the hell George is talking about, take it to off topic.

NOW, Longcut, if I may throw in my own speculation, I'd say the trail is probably clear, but I would carry a pair of crampons or microspikes and an ax or something like that if I was in your position. I know that's extra stuff and it sucks to run with, but it's winter. Sorta.

Cheers
longcut

Post by longcut »

Chapman snow free. No axe needed to Kelly's camp or bighorn peak. Micro spikes not necessary but recommended between icehouse saddle and Kelly's camp. No snow below the saddle. All trails free and clear.