Blinky the cat

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

This Bob waited while I got out my camera

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Cute Lynx Rufus. I saw a good sized one on the trail above the Brand Library two weeks ago. Also saw an adult Gopher Snake on one of these trails yesterday. Not bad for mid-winter.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Nice catch to get a picture of the bobcat. In 15 years of hiking, we have seen 1 bobcat who disappeared into the brush before I could turn on the camera. We have never seen a mountain lion. I keep hoping because I want pictures of both.
obie

Post by obie »

RichardK wrote: . In 15 years of hiking, we have seen 1 bobcat who disappeared into the brush before I could turn on the camera.
Makes me wonder why there are so many sightings in Moro Canyon. I generally see one a month, always during the day. Bobcats in Moro are often seen on 'Moro Canyon' and 'I think I can' trails.

Could it be there are so many hikers, MTB'ers around that they don't seem bothered anymore? Moro is loaded with quail and rabbit. Plus, the "No Dogs" rule is alleged by the Park Dept. to be a big part of the reason the predators stick around so close to so many people.

My last sighting was a beautiful young one, walking slowly up 'I think I can". About 18" high and very deep colors in its coat.