Wild wild West Fork hike with the dawg

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

My dog Ember was diagnosed with lymphoma in October. We decided to treat her and it's been going very well. She's nearly 11 years old, and still hiking 5 miles with me, no problem. I'm making an effort to hike with her more while she's able.

So - today was a stroll down the road from Red Box, one of our favorites. Warm sun brought out the lizards (always fun to chase!) and the views were clear and beautiful. Followed tracks of a large bear most of the way. Actually got a bit too warm, and we were both casting longing glances down at the creek bed where we could hear cool water flowing.

I took the old shortcut road down to the cabin and we took the re-worked trail back up to the car, stopping for a few laps of water here and there at the stream crossings, and giving angry stares to the squirrels taking refuge in trees, too high to chase.

Ember took a real interest in smelling this telephone pole. I looked closer and saw animal hair stuck to it. Someone had scratched their back here apparently.

Bear track, bad lighting but you can sort of see it.

Not the most cooperative when it comes to posing...

TracieB

Post by TracieB »

Awww hiking with the doggie is the best! I bet she had great time. I always feel guilty now when I have to leave Talus @ home.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Ready for the ridgebacks big show; hey kitty where are you!

CM, wishing you all the best for your cool doggie... 666