Ribbon Falls, grand canyon

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Hello! I got bored with just running my regular 20 miles down the canyon and back every month, so yesterday (11/29/11) I ran to Ribbon Falls. It's 6.5 miles past Phantom Ranch (Colorado river). I started at the south rim (where I live) at the Bright Angel trail at 715am and ran down 9.5 miles (5000ft elev drop) in 1 hr 49 minutes. Then ran and walked the next 6.5 in 90 minutes, the trail was rocky in spots, and i had neat new stuff to look at, thats why the slower time. I also didnt wanna push hard since Id still have to go back eventually! (AND- gettin from the river to the falls isnt as flat as ide hoped! I think i gained another 1500ft in elevation. not steep, but after runnin 10 miles any incline seem a lil hard) My exact time to get there was 3hrs 23min 24 seconds for 16 miles

Anywho...so, I got to ribbon Falls at about 1045am. had lunch there (half a peanutbutter sammich, a Naked juice protien drink and a couple pieces of chocolate :D ) Then goofed off n took like 80 pics! No one else was there! It was sooooo nice and quiet, I hadnt seen anyone in a couple of hours which was really great! then to get back to the top of the south rim from the falls took me 5hrs 9minutes 12 seconds, the same distance, 16 miles, but harder cause im now goin UP 5000ft instead of down, so thats kinda harder. total rt time=8hr 32min 36sec for 32 miles -anyways, heres some pics, and theres a link for the rest :)

about 13 miles out

lil bridge to get there

neat rockwall, i climbed partway up, then realised i was very alone with the wrong shooz n no Ryan, so came back down! gettin hurt way out there would be not fun.ha

tiny falls

my destination!

this ones pretty cool!

climbed up behind the falls...

view from trail to behind falls

...oh, thanx, I found it already though...

my lil ferrari red pack...its got lots miles on it!

heading back out

halfway back, neat rock

rest of the 85 pics are here in photobucket....

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 ... n%20falls/
Burchey

Post by Burchey »

You are a MACHINE
everyday

Post by everyday »

Thanx! :D Ive worked pretty hard to go faster n farther. I started with only a couple miles walking per day and after 2yrs have gotten to this so far 8)
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Nice pics hon. Stop goofing off! ;-)
everyday

Post by everyday »

:D
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

goin UP 5000ft instead of down, so thats kinda harder.
Uh...kinda?? haha

Beautiful pics, and impressive feat! (Impressive feet....)