Mt. Baden-Powell 2011-10-15

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We have never done any of the hikes from the ACH trailheads due to the extra driving time from our home in the OC. Tim's report on Baden-Powell last month inspired us to put in the windshield time to drive to Vincent Gap. We really liked this hike. The trail surface has the best footing - pretty much all dirt, the views to the high desert were great, and we got to see Baldy from a new perspective. The tree blocking the trail near the Wally Waldron tree has been moved. The flag on the metal pole is gone - probably the last storm. How do you know you have hiked Icehouse Canyon too much? When two different groups of Korean hikers recognize you.

dgrimreaper

Post by dgrimreaper »

That hike is definitely worth the drive. Another of great hike off ACH is to Pallett Mountain or Will Thrall via the Burkhart Trailhead at Buckthorn Campground.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Great photos as usual on your trip reports! Any more pics to share? Stunning views of the Desert and the smooth trl that I like to do bare- footed. The Pine Mnt Ridge pic looks an easy trek once you reach it frm Vincent Gap to the Mine Gulch. The B.P. is a fun hike to do in cool weather. For a more challenge you can include a trek to Ross Mnt. Thank you for nice trip report!!!! George
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Tis the season to be hiking back there, great weather, great views, thanks for the pictures and TR Richard, that area of the PCT is one of my favorites :D