Mt. Baden-Powell: 10-Sep-2011

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I haven't hiked in a really long time so I took a stroll up one of my favorite short-and-sweet trails: Mt. Baden-Powell from Vincent Gap.

The weather was great: nice and chilly with some light rain and thunder on the summit. I met only a handful of people on the trail, but on the summit there was a huge group of super enthusiast hikers. Them and their goddamn positive attitudes really made me feel guilty for being so lazy lately.

The only major news is one of the trees next to the Wally Waldron tree has fallen over by the roots and is blocking the trail. I think it's another limber pine and if so, that thing has been there for over a thousand years and now it's dead. A sure sign of the coming apocalypse, I reckon.

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Yay!
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

he's ALIVE!!!!
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

You mean I don't have to chase you down the mountain full blast at midnight on July 4th :shock: only to realize it's just another hiker trying to catch up to you to ask you what you are taking pictures of in the dark :wink:

I like the picture of the flag, if someone put that up in memory of 9/11 I would personally like to thank them for their thoughtfulness.

We will never forget!
simonov

Post by simonov »

The paint on the Lamel Springs sign wasn't there a month ago. Christ.
Nunc est bibendum
tpfishnfool

Post by tpfishnfool »

simonov wrote: The paint on the Lamel Springs sign wasn't there a month ago. Christ.

Damn Border brothers messin with our hood ! Man I would love to see that happening in the act :twisted: They would pay..........
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yep, I've awoken from my slumber. I hibernate in the summer and now it's time to continue my series on random ridges :)

I still remember that night on July 4th. Man, I've never booked it down a trail that fast!

A few other signs also got tagged. Baden-Powell use to be relatively immune to this, but with Hwy 2 open again, maybe not.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

tpfishnfool wrote:
simonov wrote: The paint on the Lamel Springs sign wasn't there a month ago. Christ.

Damn Border brothers messin with our hood ! Man I would love to see that happening in the act :twisted: They would pay..........
Do you think the Canadians did this? Blame Canada!!!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Damn Canadians. I always knew they were at the bottom of this.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Tim wrote: Yep, I've awoken from my slumber. I hibernate in the summer and now it's time to continue my series on random ridges :)

I still remember that night on July 4th. Man, I've never booked it down a trail that fast!

A few other signs also got tagged. Baden-Powell use to be relatively immune to this, but with Hwy 2 open again, maybe not.
Everytime I hike at night and I hear something off in the bushes I start laughing to myself, it's either Tim or the Cougar and there just messing with me - then I start laughing "AT" myself. Welcome back from Summer Hybernation, see you on the hill soon :D