Camp Creek 8-20-11

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Took my wife and two sisters up to Forest Falls over the long weekend. Went in search of uncrowded waterfalls. Well we found one, still lots of cold water flowing in the side canyons. Took a few falls on loose rock but no one got seriously hurt (just a few scrapes and bruises).

On a side note a few months back I sprayed about Camp Creek being a good place for ice climbing (Taco) due to elevation, direction facing, etc... However this is not the canyon I remember so it must be Snow or Rattlesnake.

Enjoy the photos (my sister Abigail took them or my wife so I get no photo credit).

It was cool enough for pants!

Down lower the water was warmer and filled with alge.

DOUBLE Rainbow!!!!

What a view!

There were quite a few trees in the canyon. Definitely a class 3+ hike! (Above the falls was Class 4 - I spotted my sisters through the steep stuff)

Bird nest

Right around the 8,000 foot level we made it to the waterfall that we spotted from Mill Creek Canyon.

A fun but wet chimney/crack on the left gives access to the top. A safer but looser side slope on the right gives access to the top as well. I brought a short section of rope and setup a fixed line on the right using trees as anchors.

My wife took this one of my sisters and I cooling off!

:D

Rhondie, my wife, loving the safety and security of a Dulfersitz rappel!

Cool rock!

On the way down.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Very nice pictures of a cool looking canyon!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Nice photos!
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Thanks! I'll make sure to let the photographers know you liked them.

It's kind of crazy but Fall is already upon us, there were quite a few trees with yellowing and falling leaves... What a short summer!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Wow! I really would like to check this place out sometime. Great photos. I agree about fall - I was just noticing long shadows the other day....
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Cougarmagic - I like your new photo! Laura Croft?

It's a short hike 5.5 miles RT and 1600 feet of elevation gain... Not to bad... or you could keep going and bag Little San Gorgonio.... 8)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

rokclimbr wrote: Cougarmagic - I like your new photo! Laura Croft?
Uhhhm... CM's last avatar wasn't too bad either... just sayin' :)
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Very true, cougarmagic has been on a role with the avatars lately. I'm inspired....