Brown Mountain Fire Road

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Augie

Post by Augie »

After work Friday, I got in a late trail run on the Brown Mtn. Fireroad starting from Millard Campground. I went up the road about 4 miles before turning around. About 3.5 miles out, where a very large tree provides a canopy of shade by the side of the road and where there is a water tank right behind the tree, I was surprised to discover two use trails that provide access to two different tributaries that bisect the road. On one of the use trails, someone has placed a wooden ladder for ascending a small section of rock as you move upstream (the vertical section can easily be bypassed so ther is no real necessity for the ladder). After about 1/2 mile, the trail ends at a place where there is a picnic table and a bench.

Following the second use trail in a different direction, I ran into a beautiful 25 foot waterfall. Close by, there is a flat site perfect for a tent. Must be someone's secret camping spot right by the water.

It's just great exploring like this.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Augie wrote:It's just great exploring like this.
Ain't it, though? :D :D :D
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

AlanK. How did your kids do today at the track meet?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

We'll have to take that one off line. Just a wild guess, but I'll bet that that no one wants to turn into a high school sports board! :D
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

Augie: Finding a waterfall like that is great - makes the run even better. Were there any wildflowers out along the route?

Kathy
Augie

Post by Augie »

No wildflowers along this route right now.