Sat. 6-25 E. Twin Peak via Mt. Waterman and 3 Points

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

I'm sitting on my couch watching Higher Ground and thinking about the perfect day I had last Saturday climbing Mt. Waterman and East Twin Peak.

I started out cross country straight up to what we will call the Waterman Ridge from Hwy 2. It was a slog (the GPS said 1,200 foot elevation gain in 800 yards... hmmmm).

It was a perfect day and my first hike in a long time. I parked at a small turn off about 1 mile after the Horse Flats turn off and headed straight up hill. I chose to go this way because I didn't feel like being on the trail with people. I needed silence, solitude and a feeling of adventure.

The hike up to East Twin is a SLOG!!! Phewwww. The view of the triplets and Bear Creek drainage was inspiring.

On the way back down I decided to take the Three Points Trail back to this saddle...

Then drop back down to the car.

Thanks to The Sierra Club group (about 15 people) for the use of their map and thank God for the spring near the Twin Peak Saddle or else I would have run out of water (Overall I drank 150oz of water!)

My camera was on the fritz, some of the photos came out a bit weird
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Noice!