What Beautiful Plant Is This?

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I found this lovely plant while hiking:

It was incredibly beautiful. The leaves were soft and oily. Someone told me that this was plant used by early Americans for 'male enhancement,' when rubbed into the appropriate places.

Anyhow, I took some home to plant in my garden.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

:shock:
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

I like to use this plant in place of toilet paper when I am in the wilderness. Saves me carrying the hefty weight of a roll of TP, and the oils soothe any chafing.
In the fall when these plants turn red & orange, they make beautiful dried plant bouquets for the home. :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

LMFAO! Brilliant!!!!!!!!
Rick M

Post by Rick M »

Whatever works!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

The best use I've found for that plant is for use in the campfire. When burned, it produces a lovely scent. I always make sure to inhale deeply to ensure I get the full experience. Let me tell you, a lungful of this stuff will make you completely forget your everyday worries. :twisted:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Vodka to the rescue!
Defeat Poison Ivy

For many, one of the hazards of enjoying the great outdoors is an encounter with poison ivy, oak or sumac. It can lead to a nasty, long-lasting rash. Unfortunately, the plants are spreading thanks to global warming.

Many people have reported that if they immediately pour vodka over an area that has contacted poison ivy, the alcohol will wash away the culprit urushiol oil, and they won't experience an uncomfortable reaction. Some have said that the vodka needs to be at least 100 proof to work.

Others have argued that straight rubbing alcohol works better, but we're guessing you may not have that as handy if you are on your average picnic.
I'll drink to that :D
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

I just read an article about some trail builders in the Santa Barbara backcountry that claims they eat a leaf off a poison oak plant each season to make themselves resistant to the plant.
Rick M

Post by Rick M »

Any volunteers? :lol:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Terry Morse wrote:I just read an article about some trail builders in the Santa Barbara backcountry that claims they eat a leaf off a poison oak plant each season to make themselves resistant to the plant.
I've heard of firefighters burning small amounts of marijuana. I guess they were trying to do the same thing. :-)
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

AlanK wrote:
Terry Morse wrote:I just read an article about some trail builders in the Santa Barbara backcountry that claims they eat a leaf off a poison oak plant each season to make themselves resistant to the plant.
I've heard of firefighters burning small amounts of marijuana. I guess they were trying to do the same thing. :-)
AllanK. What are you talking about? :?