Took a long cut home...

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

I left Irwindale at 2:15 and got home at 7:30 :D I took the 210 to the 2 and followed that all the way to Wrightwood. Then zig zag through Phelan, Hesteria, into sweet home Apple valley. 110 miles! I have never been all the way on hwy 2. That sounds weird.:oops: I got my geek on and did a little geocaching. Spent alot of time in the turn outs looking at maps trying to learn the area better. And really took my sweet time getting home. It was just what I needed after putting in so many hours at work.
Here are a couple pics.

on top of the tunnel
geocache
a bunch of concrete my company supplied

more
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k50 ... ?start=all

Oh and I am in no way complaining about working too many hours, I hope it stays busy for us.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Cool beans dude. Angeles Crest is an underrated drive if you ask me.

BTW, as a structural engineer, it is refreshing to see you say "concrete" instead of "cement" :D lol
everyday

Post by everyday »

Nice! going for random, unplanned cruises is always the best 8)
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

HikeUp wrote: Cool beans dude. Angeles Crest is an underrated drive if you ask me.

BTW, as a structural engineer, it is refreshing to see you say "concrete" instead of "cement" :D lol
Thanks. I cant stand when our customers say " I need to order some cement". I always ask how many bags they need. :lol: They dont get it. But then again they are the ones always asking why it cracked when the joints are 16' apart and added 50 gallons of water. :roll:
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

everyday wrote: Nice! going for random, unplanned cruises is always the best 8)
Yes it was nice, just wish I had some stickers with me. I think the next long cut home is 210 out to the 38 around San Gorgonio, then up to Big bear city then home. :D Gas is a bargain at 3.69 :lol: