AMGEN Tour of California - Stage 7

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Route info: http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Ro ... tage7.html

I went up at midnight with my buddy Chris in his WRX for some spirited driving and DSLR photography as usual, and to meet E-man...

Met him on the way up GMR Frontside, then he got to the saddle between 1-2am. Some dork in a pre-runnered Ford Ranger yelled "that's not a good idea!" at Ernie, so I told him to STFU. Damn kid, you think you're everyone's dad or something?

Anywho, enough with the tooj mice...

Got up real late since I was tired from being up there that night/morning, so I got a late start. Rode from my place in West Covina/La Puente up to GMR, then up GMR Frontside to the KOM, past that to the saddle and up Ridge about halfway before a CHP officer rudely told me to get off my bike. Hey guy, I've got major hearing loss, don't hafta be a dick, all your other colleagues were very polite and pleasant all day. Someone musta pissed in his Cheerios or something. Walked/rode my bike to the next group of folks and we watched the race come through with the Devil!

The Saddle (Horse Canyon Saddle, where GMR and GRR meet)

KOM on GMR Frontside

:-)

WTF - Nissan Murano convertible.

After all had passed, I rode to Baldy Village to hang out with Pavel, Brian, etc.

Pavel and Brian with their T-Shirts

Hike up Daggers trail

Walrus loosing his footing

BBQ Time!

Watching the race on TV at the lodge

Rode down Baldy Road and got picked up. :-)