Middle Muir Ravine and Bailey Canyon (4/30 and 5/15)

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I haven't been making TR's lately, mostly because I'm reaching my photo hosting limits and I usually just post pics on Facetoob.

Muir: http://www.dankat.com/advents/mmuirr.htm
Bailey: http://www.dankat.com/advents/bailey.htm

Canyoneerererated Muir with Miguel F, Paolo S, Ryan B, Mark/Turtle, and my Italian Sister Tina on 4/30. It was fun, with cool brush tunnel action in the beginning but I wouldn't do it again. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. Oh well. Great times with great friends made it a great day! Also really enjoyed the Mexican food at the end of the day.

Muir ends in Eaton Cyn.

Pics:
Tina on one of the first rapps

Going down

Ryan

Mark

A smile!

Ryan the wetsuit ninja!

Walking around

Boosh

Another boosh!

Then today, Johanna/CM, Matt Maxon, and Keith and I went down Bailey Canyon in the rain. It was a lot of fun. I really liked it. Short, low commitment, very short walks between rapps, good anchors, great company!

Pics:
View from afar

The gang!

Smiles!

Rapp

Matt

CM at a nice view

The longest rapp

The view. No, not the crappy show with those annoying hens.

The rapp

I threw the rope bucket down from the top and it landed perfectly!

Next rapp

Boom

Matt descends

Keith

CM throws rope

Last rapp
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

That looks fun.  I don't know why canyoneering gets such a bad rap.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Sam Page wrote: That looks fun.  I don't know why canyoneering gets such a bad rap.
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

hahaa
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

I see you are rocking the 5.10 Desert Enforcers, that is a rad boot! Did you pick it up at the outlet? Bailey was my 1st Canyon in the San Gabes, did you see that old aid line? Or have all the rusted bolts washed away by now...?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

rokclimbr wrote: I see you are rocking the 5.10 Desert Enforcers, that is a rad boot! Did you pick it up at the outlet? Bailey was my 1st Canyon in the San Gabes, did you see that old aid line? Or have all the rusted bolts washed away by now...?
Whoops, sorry for the late reply dude. I got them online. My only gripe with them is that they take FOREVER to dry out. I guess that's why the word 'desert' is in their name.

The bolts are still there. I took some pics of them. They're pretty rusty, fo sho.