They grow up so fast! (bears)

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Checked on a camera today that had been out in the South Fork of Big Rock Creek all winter long. It was fun to see that at least one of the two bear cubs I saw back in October 2009 is alive and well. Mama bear (seen at the end of the video) is still good as well. But don't feel sad for the other cub - he or she probably just moved on to a different territory.

We put scent lure all over the tree, knowing there were bears in this location and that they would have the nose talent to sniff out something new, and hopefully climb the tree a bit to do it.

Not too worried about hunters going after these guys - this drainage is a big place, and the last bear sighting here was January 1. They don't seem to live here - just pass through on occasion. I took the camera down and plan to put it somewhere more active.

Yogi as a baby back in '09:
norma r

Post by norma r »

Great catch filming the bear climbing a tree, CM! Cool to see how big the cub has gotten in one year. Happy trapping! Camera, that is. :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Great stuff :D

Sure wish I could have joined you guys on the retrieval today. Stuck down here in the rain.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Nice to see the bears that make such pretty tracks across the South Fork trail occasionally. Thanks for all the hard work setting up your cameras and sharing the results.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Cool stuff!! And those cubs are pretty darned cute.

HJ