A Little Hiker's Trip to Crystal Lake

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Well, since Hwy 39 is now finally open to Crystal Lake, I wanted to go up. So, I loaded the family into the car and off we went.

Of course proper hydration is essential.

Are you sure we can hike in this stuff, dad?

Apparently, $6,000,000.00 worth of upgrades doesn't include signage.

It's not too cold -- when I'm wrapped in dad's coat.

Just about there.

Sitting by the lake.

A little bit gray today.

Daddy helps me walk. I'm a big hiker now.

Whew! All that walking sure has gotten me hungry. Thank goodness for bunny crackers!

Just as we're about to leave, the fog bank breaks up for a moment.

Here, dad, try this handful of "schtow"

Here, mom, here's my favorite stick.

Time for daddy to make me snacks!

Yum!

I love Cheerios!

Whew! What a day! Time to go home!

HJ
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Very nice HJ. :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Such a cutie! :-)
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

Sweet stuff, HJ! She looks so comfortable sitting in the forest. I think you've got yourself a great little hiking partner there; before long she'll be asking, "Daddy, where are we hiking and which stove are bringing today?". :D
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Great report HJ, I'm so looking forward to my two grandson's coming next month, those pictures put a big smile on my face, thanks for sharing. :D I'm also looking forward to taking them up there to the lake as it's nice and close and I've been so wanting for that place to open since I first laid eyes on it from the PCT back in 2007.

You got yourself a very cute girl there - she'll be passing you on the trial soon :D and if she's anything like Tina, Norma, Ellen, Tracie, and the rest of the ladies, she'll be going by all of us soon :D
obie

Post by obie »

Cool stuff HJ.

Does she have a sleeping bag yet?

My riding partner bought her 3 y.o. granddaughter a bag and they slept out on the porch last nite.

Kids rock.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

HikeUp wrote: Very nice HJ. :D
Thanks, bro. And thanks for the 411 on Crystal Lake and the snack bar.

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Dave G wrote: Sweet stuff, HJ! She looks so comfortable sitting in the forest. I think you've got yourself a great little hiking partner there; before long she'll be asking, "Daddy, where are we hiking and which stove are bringing today?". :D
She's a natural. We went by a stream, and she said "water." She held her had out and and said "tree" whenever we would go by a tree. She wanted to touch each one. She really likes being outside with my wife and me.

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Taco wrote: Such a cutie! :-)
Now, wait just a minute here. I bet you say that to all the girls...

Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

lilbitmo wrote: Great report HJ, I'm so looking forward to my two grandson's coming next month, those pictures put a big smile on my face, thanks for sharing. :D I'm also looking forward to taking them up there to the lake as it's nice and close and I've been so wanting for that place to open since I first laid eyes on it from the PCT back in 2007.
She sure puts a big grin on my face. :D
lilbitmo wrote: You got yourself a very cute girl there - she'll be passing you on the trial soon :D and if she's anything like Tina, Norma, Ellen, Tracie, and the rest of the ladies, she'll be going by all of us soon :D
She's my only hope of keeping up with the likes of them!

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

obie wrote: Cool stuff HJ.

Does she have a sleeping bag yet?

My riding partner bought her 3 y.o. granddaughter a bag and they slept out on the porch last nite.

Kids rock.
We've gotten her a little bag. I think this month or next is the time to break it in properly...

HJ
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

Happy feet =D Precious moments!
lesper4

Post by lesper4 »

I road my bike up there on Sunday too? I probaly saw you at some point. We headed down too about the same time the fog broke. Beautiful place, never been there before, kind of feels like the baldy bowl with a campground.